- 26th August 2019 by Rowen Barbary
Feeding the Laid Back Horse
As long as your horse is fit, well and healthy the first thing to look at is to ensure he is getting all the essential nutrients in appropriate quantities, including adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Performance horses often need diets higher in calories to help them maintain weight and condition throughout the season, to be able to perform at the best of their ability. We also cannot forget the importance of fibre in the diet. Fibre is key to helping ensure a healthy digestive system. If your horse is getting everything he needs but still lacks energy then I would recommend transitioning to Rowen Barbary Pro Ultra. This is an energy dense feed, containing a blend of highly digestible cooked flaked cereals along with key nutrients to help support peak performance in the hard working equine athlete containing:
- High levels of cereal starch to provide instant, fast release energy.
- Linseed & Soya Oil, alongside key antioxidants, to provide slow release energy for stamina & to help ensure excellent overall condition.
- Quality protein sources to help encourage overall muscle tone & development.
- Full complement of B Group Vitamins to help reinvigorate any horses feeling run down.
- Calcareous Marine Algae to help reduce acidity, important to good gut health.
- Yeasacc 1026 to ensure optimum fibre & mineral digestion.
- Plus a full balance of vitamins, minerals & trace elements.